A results-driven individual with a unique combination of a knowledge-rich background of analytical and writing skills as evidenced by over a dozen peer-reviewed scientific publications.
Able to work in multicultural environments and report to technical and non-technical audiences with strong communication skills in both English and Portuguese.
Allied Irish Banks (AIB)
Advisory Analyst Capital and Liquidity2023 - current
- Model development and monitoring for the delivery of tasks supporting ongoing management of the bank's asset/liability balance sheet.
- Continuous development and support of core and non-core systems for all measurement requirements, engaging with stakeholders to ensure business needs are met.
- Use mathematical techniques and data analysis to develop, specify and implement models that support quantifying and managing stress-testing risk and the bank's exposure to the market (using R, Python, Excel/VBA and Time Series Analysis).
Quantitative Risk Analyst2022 - 2023
- Model Development and management of stress testing risk models such as ICAAP, Capital at Risk (CaR), Value at Risk (VaR) and Liquidity Risk, using tools such as Python, R and Excel/VBA.
- Use mathematical techniques and data analysis to develop, specify and implement models that support the quantification of the bank's valuation measurements and its exposure to market, balance-sheet and liquidity risks. Techniques include ARIMA, GARCH, Copula and Goodness-of-fit testing.
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure that model developments meet business needs while complying with internal controls and regulatory requirements.
Language Data Analyst2021 - 2022
- Resolve queries to train, improve and adapt models of voice recognition software.
- Data transcription, grading and labelling to be fed into voice recognition AI.
- Help improve documentation based on existent guidelines, team consensus and latest software updates.
Eletroquality Soluções e Tecnologia
Electrical Engineering Intern2015 - 2016
- Performed analysis of grounding systems for industrial and residential units, and electrical substations in collaboration with the team of electricians and engineers on the field.
- Quality control of electrical installations according to the Brazilian regulatory standard on Safety in Electrical Installations and Services (NR-10).
Electrotechnics Technician Intern2009 - 2010
- Worked on managing budget to help minimise waste by surveying materials used in power distribution plans.
South East Technological University
Doctor of Philosophy in Computational and Applied Mathematics (NFQ 10)2017 - 2021
- Published six peer-reviewed scientific articles.
- Secured an €8,500 grant for an Innovation Partnership Feasibility study from an Enterprise Ireland programme.
- Proposed mathematical models of potential strategies for bio-computational approaches from the perspective of Information and Communication Theory (ICT).
Northern Virginia Community College
International Student in ESL and Electrical Engineering2013 - 2014
- Met requirements for an exemplary student which led to a government-funded scholarship as part of the Science without Borders program.
- Attended classes on English as a Second Language (ESL), Electrical Engineering and Project Management.
- Provided services to the local community as a volunteer through the Volunteer Fairfax organisation.
Federal Institute of Paraíba
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (1st Class Honours - NFQ 8)2011 - 2017
- Awarded a government-funded 12-month scholarship to study abroad in the United States of America.
- Published six peer-reviewed scientific articles on Digital Signal Processing and Wireless Signal Propagation.
- Worked on the winning nationwide candidacy for the Best IEEE Student Branch award as a volunteer and member of the leadership team.
Technical High School Diploma in Electrotechnics (NFQ 6)2007 - 2010
- Integrated education towards an industry-recognized technical degree.
- Volunteered as Chief Financial Officer at the Students' Union.